Re: Vista Help & Support - Permissions Problem?

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 21:57:04 -0400, "Mike" <lagunasrfr@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Any ideas?

Ten days - and five of your posts (counting this one) - without a
reply: it ain't looking good.

"Mike" <lagunasrfr@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
I posted this in General, but got no response. I have a little bit of
updated findings to post here.

If I run Help and Support as Administrator or if I create a new user and
run from it, Vista Help & Support runs perfectly.

However, when I run it from my primary user/administrator sign-on, I just
get text text (looks like text from an .h1s file).

I have googled for days and the closest I can find to a solution refers to
Server 2003 and XP. I can't find anyone with this problem. I can't find a
"Help and Support" services entry like there was on XP. The only program
I can find is HELPPANE.exe and I have changed and rechanged permissions
until my fingers are sore.

The only thing I can find that is different is in Process Explorer (free
download), it shows "Builtin/Administrators" with a deny flag when I run
as primmary user/administrator. "Builtin/Administrators" shows a
"mandatory" flag when I run as Administrator or any new user I create.

I don't have malware. I don't have a restore file that goes back as long
as I have had the problem. I have uninstalled tweaks and
freeware/purchased utility programs. I still cannot get the thing to
work.

It appears that the H and S service is not running. But I can't even find
a service to run manually to test.

Please help.

Thanks

  • Re: Vista Help & Support - Permissions Problem?
    ... If I run Help and Support as Administrator or if I create a new user and run from it, Vista Help & Support runs perfectly. ... The only thing I can find that is different is in Process Explorer, it shows "Builtin/Administrators" with a deny flag when I run as primmary user/administrator. ...
  • Re: Good God, What Happened to this Group?
    ... >>>most of the posts are attacks on other sufferers. ... I'm all for more personal posts, ... >>>I can't abide blind items of attack from one member or another, ... >> All depends on what you mean by support. ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)
  • Re: Good God, What Happened to this Group?
    ... >>most of the posts are attacks on other sufferers. ... I'm all for more personal posts, ... >>I can't abide blind items of attack from one member or another, ... > All depends on what you mean by support. ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)
  • Re: Tsk , tsk :-)
    ... After a year of reading your posts, you get no sympathy from me and I don't see why you expect any support from others. ... Your "informative" posts are dangerous because you have several axes to grind and are willing to distort your "facts" to fit. ... Appeasement has never stopped a bully and only encourages more aggression. ... And if the group came down on the *initiator* - and this is ...
    (comp.periphs.scanners)
  • Re: publisher stops when inserting clips
    ... I definitely support Granny's sentiments. ... much of Sarah Balfour's posts of late in Google Groups as she has them ... I live with my parents, however they have decided that they want me to leave ... IF YOU INSULT MY DEAD HUSBAND ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher)