Re: Vista Help & Support - Permissions Problem?

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 21:57:04 -0400, "Mike" <lagunasrfr@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Any ideas?

Ten days - and five of your posts (counting this one) - without a
reply: it ain't looking good.

"Mike" <lagunasrfr@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
I posted this in General, but got no response. I have a little bit of
updated findings to post here.

If I run Help and Support as Administrator or if I create a new user and
run from it, Vista Help & Support runs perfectly.

However, when I run it from my primary user/administrator sign-on, I just
get text text (looks like text from an .h1s file).

I have googled for days and the closest I can find to a solution refers to
Server 2003 and XP. I can't find anyone with this problem. I can't find a
"Help and Support" services entry like there was on XP. The only program
I can find is HELPPANE.exe and I have changed and rechanged permissions
until my fingers are sore.

The only thing I can find that is different is in Process Explorer (free
download), it shows "Builtin/Administrators" with a deny flag when I run
as primmary user/administrator. "Builtin/Administrators" shows a
"mandatory" flag when I run as Administrator or any new user I create.

I don't have malware. I don't have a restore file that goes back as long
as I have had the problem. I have uninstalled tweaks and
freeware/purchased utility programs. I still cannot get the thing to
work.

It appears that the H and S service is not running. But I can't even find
a service to run manually to test.

Please help.

Thanks

.