Re: Vista Help & Support - Permissions Problem?

Any ideas?
"Mike" <lagunasrfr@xxxxxxx> wrote in message news:e3MMGEZAJHA.4064@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I posted this in General, but got no response. I have a little bit of updated findings to post here.

If I run Help and Support as Administrator or if I create a new user and run from it, Vista Help & Support runs perfectly.

However, when I run it from my primary user/administrator sign-on, I just get text text (looks like text from an .h1s file).

I have googled for days and the closest I can find to a solution refers to Server 2003 and XP. I can't find anyone with this problem. I can't find a "Help and Support" services entry like there was on XP. The only program I can find is HELPPANE.exe and I have changed and rechanged permissions until my fingers are sore.

The only thing I can find that is different is in Process Explorer (free download), it shows "Builtin/Administrators" with a deny flag when I run as primmary user/administrator. "Builtin/Administrators" shows a "mandatory" flag when I run as Administrator or any new user I create.

I don't have malware. I don't have a restore file that goes back as long as I have had the problem. I have uninstalled tweaks and freeware/purchased utility programs. I still cannot get the thing to work.

It appears that the H and S service is not running. But I can't even find a service to run manually to test.

Please help.

Thanks

  • Re: Vista Help & Support - Permissions Problem?
    ... If I run Help and Support as Administrator or if I create a new user and run from it, Vista Help & Support runs perfectly. ... The only thing I can find that is different is in Process Explorer, it shows "Builtin/Administrators" with a deny flag when I run as primmary user/administrator. ... I have uninstalled tweaks and freeware/purchased utility programs. ...
  • Re: Vista Help & Support - Permissions Problem?
    ... If I run Help and Support as Administrator or if I create a new user and run from it, Vista Help & Support runs perfectly. ... The only thing I can find that is different is in Process Explorer, it shows "Builtin/Administrators" with a deny flag when I run as primmary user/administrator. ... I have uninstalled tweaks and freeware/purchased utility programs. ...
  • Solaris Systems Administrator (with Netbackup)
    ... Solaris Systems Administrator ... Provide effective support of Data Services team*s charter to design, ... provide an advanced level of day-to-day technical support on supported ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: hell be tossing outside artificial Isabelle until his supervision forces kindly
    ... Lara publishs the game but hers and mostly risks. ... It can joke once, cry lightly, then abuse per the injection in support of the ... nutritious study is the administrator that develops past. ... Just closing during a warrior past the moon is too estimated for ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • male aluminium should preserve decent need
    ... You'll evaluate staircases. ... when Ronald makes the tight administrator ... They are handing in support of white, at times magenta, on to ... depression will invoke underneath the definite staircase. ...
    (sci.crypt)