RE: UpdateUtil Application Startup Program Blocked

Sorry, I forgot to actually ask the question.... Should I allow this program
to run, remove it or leave it alone? My computer has been running a bit
sluggish since the install.

"Michael G" wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'd like to pose a question to the group regarding a message I've been
receiving today. It appears that my automatic updates downloaded and
installed SP1 for Microsoft.net Framework 1.1 and ever since every time I
turn on my computer I get a pop-up message on my system tray telling me the a
startup program has been blocked.

This program is UpdateUtil Application. When I follow this into Windows
Defender, it appears that this program is from Microsoft (not Microsoft
Corporation, thought) and runs with the File Name: netfxupdate.exe. This
application is not digitally signed, but it says the publisher is Microsoft.
Other relevant information is:

Startup Value:
"C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\netfxupdate.exe" 1 v1.1.4322
GAC + NI NID
File Path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\netfxupdate.exe

  • UpdateUtil Application Startup Program Blocked
    ... installed SP1 for Microsoft.net Framework 1.1 and ever since every time I ... startup program has been blocked. ... it appears that this program is from Microsoft (not Microsoft ...
  • RE: DISPLAY FILE PATH IN WORD 2007?
    ... I would like to be able to display the full file path in Word ... This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, ... Agree" button in the message pane. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Word 2007 Crash
    ... and the pop-up message appeared "You have exceeded the maximum number of ... pages supported by Microsoft Word." ... At that point the data down at the bottom left of the screen read: ... turned a light transparent gray and the cursor turned into a little spinning ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • How do I turn-off automatic Microsoft Security Updates
    ... Very frequently I get a pop-up message about important ... security update from Microsoft to which I usually ... respond to with "Notify Me Later". ... Microsoft Software Update explicitly once a mth or so ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Change startup programs
    ... removed one startup program and need to enable it now, but it disappeared along with the others that I removed. ... All the Microsoft ones I left as is and a couple of others that I let stay. ... Drag that shortcut to the Startup Folder. ...