Re: User Account

Have you tried safe mode? If the last admin account is
demoted or deleted I believe the real admin account
is supposed to be reactivated and available through
safe mode.

"ChiWhiteSox" <ChiWhiteSox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi motorola2,

i was trying to do what the website told me, but on the last part of the
website says, turn it off, again i was assked by vista to enter the
password
for admin.

I think for any settings i wanna change, it asks for the admin password
which doesnt work.

any other ideas?

"motarola2" wrote:

Disable the 'UAC'
(http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-user-account-control-uac-the-easy-way-on-windows-vista/)

--
motarola2

  • Re: Help! Registry rights!!!
    ... Safe Mode runs with limited drivers, which in itself can help..but from the ... Then, open regedit from the 'run' command..I know, here goes that registry ... rights and permisions are assigned through share and/or NTFS settings. ... Install the software from the admin account, ...
  • Re: Error 1402 - Registry Permissions Issue
    ... :o) Home has nothing to do with your privileges. ... How to boot into Safe Mode: ... >> admin account as this is being written to Local Machine. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: XP dead in Safe Mode
    ... How interesting......Have you tried to gain access to the Admin Account in ... Press Control/Alt/Delete Twice for Pro and Boot into safe mode and login for ... TweakUI/Logon/Show Administrator on the Welcome Screen ... 2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Forgotton Password
    ... Boot into the System Admin account and either remove it or reset it. ... On Home, boot to Safe Mode, and logon. ... TweakUI/Logon/Show Administrator on the Welcome Screen ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: shutdown upon logging in window
    ... Check the box next to Automatically fix file system errors. ... box pops up click on Yes to perform the check at next restart. ... into Safe Mode and run the File System Checker. ... > After i log in window admin account, while the system is still loading my ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)