Re: Changing an Admin acct into a Standard acct

"Gordon" <gordonbparker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
"Malke" <malke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

2. Log into the new extra Administrator account. Go to Control Panel>User
Accounts. Change your personal account to Standard. Your data will not be
affected.

Hmmm. I just changed the type of my account from Admin to Standard without
having to create another Admin account first....

There is (was) a reason that you should not have done so.
That reason being so that you wouldn't be left up proverbial
creek without proverbial paddle.

Good luck with that boat, and follow directions next time.

  • Re: Interesting message using Client Wizard
    ... Please doublecheck the password for the push account that you have provided. ... > difficulties using the client wizard to install the Advanced Client. ... > Standard Time> ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.setup)
  • Re: Advice sought on Running XP Home SP2 as Admin or Limited User
    ... Running as a limited user is far more secure than running as an ... run as a standard user. ... don't work unless the user is an administrator. ... Create a second administrator account. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Sys Prefs Lock
    ... Because the lock/unlock setting for most of System Preferences is ... The only reason I can think of why Apple did this is that your account ... which was only significant for admin users, not standard users. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Sys Prefs Lock
    ... Because the lock/unlock setting for most of System Preferences is ... The only reason I can think of why Apple did this is that your account ... which was only significant for admin users, not standard users. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • FMP 8.5 Adv Cross user-type problem
    ... Have system-level Admin and Standard users on the computer. ... system-level Admin account open. ... First tried to install FMP 8.5 Adv in the Standard user I normally use. ...
    (comp.databases.filemaker)