Re: Smart UAC Replacement 1.0

Something that give even more protection than Smart UAC
is RegRun. Been using it for years starting from Win 95
through Vista. I use the Platinum Version.

http://www.greatis.com/security/

"Victek" <Victek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:3A957ED8-FF41-48F0-A230-113FD7DA1F0A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I just discovered a program called "Smart UAC Replacement 1.0". It's
supposed to, well, replace regular dumb UAC. I haven't tested it yet and I
don't know if it has anything to do with the true UAC mechanism in Vista.
FWIW it claims to also work with XP and Windows 2000. I'd be interested to
know what others think about this (once you get over the revulsion and
disgust <g>) Here comes the link:

http://www.replaceuac.com/

  • Vista "complaints"
    ... Recent misconceptions about Vista and UAC posted to the Focus-Apple group, ... administrator, and combined with the many configuration options Vista ... that Win XP gave her the ability to add permissions to her normal ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: turn off user account control
    ... Programmers still ignore the standard. ... compliance on the MS O/S platform and their software with Vista. ... UAC may work to prevent alteration of ... The typical home consumer (Note: This is not an employee workstation ...
  • RE: out-of-proc activex and UAC
    ... manifest embedded within my EXE. ... As I do need to run at a High Integrity ... When I launch the web site in Windows XP, or Windows Vista with UAC ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.atl)
  • RE: out-of-proc activex and UAC
    ... When I launch the web site in Windows XP, or Windows Vista with UAC ... the COM server is started with Integrity ... reports an error "The requested operation requires elevation" in the ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.atl)
  • Re: What are Vistas problems.. really?
    ... topic, if you recall, is *Vista*, not your views of people. ... vista- a lot of the customizations will cause uac prompts. ... One of the most annoying things about Microsoft Windows Vista ... is User Account Control and all the warnings it pops up to ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)