------------------
Registrant:
KONSTANTIN ARTEMEV
28 Army Street 16/1, flat 69

Astrakhan, ASTRAKHAN 414056
Russian Federation
-------------------
with the security of my Windows system.
although who knows, it might be a nice program.
I don't think I want to be the guineapig on that though.

--
James M Driscoll Jr
MCTS (Vista)

"Victek" <Victek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:3A957ED8-FF41-48F0-A230-113FD7DA1F0A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I just discovered a program called "Smart UAC Replacement 1.0". It's supposed to, well, replace regular dumb UAC. I haven't tested it yet and I don't know if it has anything to do with the true UAC mechanism in Vista. FWIW it claims to also work with XP and Windows 2000. I'd be interested to know what others think about this (once you get over the revulsion and disgust <g>) Here comes the link:

http://www.replaceuac.com/

  • Re: Hard drive setup...
    ... drive set up as ... C:\ - Windows System ... The second copy was actually made by cloning the first copy, though the first time I used it I did have to show it the Vista DVD. ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Re: OS X less secure than Windows
    ... You are very familiar with the contest and you researched it, ... It is about as significant as the old Vista ... I can turn on a Windows system ... Mayeb they should have had a Vista system along with the Mac and they ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Windows 7 - What is new ?
    ... They almost always say get more RAM, blah, blah, blah. ... can only address 3.8 gig of Ram on a windows system, SO, more memory is just ... Until I can get a 64 bit processor with the 64 bit version of the OS, Vista ... Vista Ultimate is hanging up ...
  • Re: OT: CPUs
    ... be a Windows system, so please do not regale me with the joys of Macs ... not a problem with Linux, Mac OS X or WinXP, but can be with Vista! ... as most of the copies of Vista out there are 32-bit. ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Office Has Been Uninstalled
    ... Vista has nothing to do with Office, ... Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ... || Office XP is no longer available from Microsoft. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)