Re: Antivirus 2008

"Malke" wrote:

Laurie wrote:

Is this an actual microsoft product? I keep getting this message on the
computer saying I need to downloan Antivirus 2008 and that it has found
many viruses on my PC. When I looked up the file location it comes up in
C:\users\AppData\Roamong\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu
It is causing problems on the PC and looks like it just was created a few
days ago. I can't get into e-mail because it says there is a threat and
won't let me continue. I tried to delete the file but I couln't find it
when I went into my computer. There was no App Data file that I could see.
I have Norton antivirus installed and I ran a scan on the file but got
nothing. I want to get rid of this but don't knwo how. Can anyone help?

No. This is one of the many rogue antivirus/antimalware programs. They are
called "rogue" because they pretend to be one of the Good Guys but in
reality they are Bad Guys. You've got an infection. Here are removal
instructions:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/malware-removal/antivirus-2008

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers

  • Re: Antivirus 2008
    ... many viruses on my PC. ... When I looked up the file location it comes up in ... I have Norton antivirus installed and I ran a scan on the file but got ... This is one of the many rogue antivirus/antimalware programs. ...
  • Re: Antivirus 2008
    ... I can't get rid of it but and I tried to go to the www.bleepingcomputessite and I'm told that I can't do that. ... It is causing problems on the PC and looks like it just was created a few ... I have Norton antivirus installed and I ran a scan on the file but got ... This is one of the many rogue antivirus/antimalware programs. ...
  • Re: Antivirus 2008
    ... I can't get rid of it but and I tried to go to the www.bleepingcomputessite and I'm told that I can't do that. ... It is causing problems on the PC and looks like it just was created a few ... I have Norton antivirus installed and I ran a scan on the file but got ... This is one of the many rogue antivirus/antimalware programs. ...
  • Re: How to scan a compromised system?
    ... > You only have this problem with some viruses that are memory resident ... > only if your antivirus scanner does not have that virus in it's database ... > machine unless your antivirus scanner is unaware of the new virus. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)