Re: Antivirus 2008

"Malke" wrote:

Laurie wrote:

Is this an actual microsoft product? I keep getting this message on the
computer saying I need to downloan Antivirus 2008 and that it has found
many viruses on my PC. When I looked up the file location it comes up in
C:\users\AppData\Roamong\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu
It is causing problems on the PC and looks like it just was created a few
days ago. I can't get into e-mail because it says there is a threat and
won't let me continue. I tried to delete the file but I couln't find it
when I went into my computer. There was no App Data file that I could see.
I have Norton antivirus installed and I ran a scan on the file but got
nothing. I want to get rid of this but don't knwo how. Can anyone help?

No. This is one of the many rogue antivirus/antimalware programs. They are
called "rogue" because they pretend to be one of the Good Guys but in
reality they are Bad Guys. You've got an infection. Here are removal
instructions:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/malware-removal/antivirus-2008

Malke
--