Re: FIREWALL CHECK

Get rid of Norton. The Windows Firewall is far better than any 3rd party Firewall

--
Peter

"Richard" <Richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:256FECFD-A818-44A7-A689-2882D94E1FE0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I need some help please. I have Windows Vista Home Premium and Norton
Internet Security 2008.
When I try to log onto the Internet, I get a firewall check. I reply:
(1) disable the (Windows) firewall,
(2) don't perform this check again.
But this check reappears every time I try to log onto the Internet.
How do I stop this message reappearing?

  • Re: Windows firewall and wireless net working
    ... I surely hope you have some sort of firewall protection such as ... if you have an internet router which could be part of your wireless access ... If none of that helps you have some other problem with your wireless network ... Every time I click on windows firewall it ...
  • Re: Windows Firewall Has A Backdoor
    ... I was just poking around with the Windows Firewall on my system. ... The software monitors how you use the Internet as well as displays ... Well, to me, this does look like spyware and adware. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Windows Firewall Has A Backdoor
    ... I was just poking around with the Windows Firewall on my system. ... The software monitors how you use the Internet as well as displays ... Well, to me, this does look like spyware and adware. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Free AV
    ... restrict applications from using your Internet connection. ... Windows Firewall will allow your applications to send data ... >> and go for much better and free firewall like Sygate. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: SP2 Firewall Not Blocking Any Programs
    ... How Windows Firewall Works ... When someone on the Internet or on a network tries to ... connection. ...