Re: Windows firewall in Vista Windows security centre

On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 13:31:03 -0700, Armin
<Armin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Nonny,
The laptop came with McAfee trial which I removed and installed AVG
(antivirus, no firewall).
I installed the Comodo firewall and it seems Ok for the one day I have it. I
hope it will not cause other problems; if it will not work our I will try the
Zone Alarm.

Comodo is probably better. Zone Alarm had some recent problems with
one of the MS updates. I'm not sure that's been fixed.

I had some problems with ZA some years ago and just stopped using it.

I can cope with it but I am wondering how two reputable firms, MS and Acer,
let this serious security issue unsolved!!! This is supposed to be a turnkey
system for the ordinary guy!

Your guess is as good as anyone's. But I'd put the blame on Acer,
before Microsoft.

Armin

"Nonny" wrote:

On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 12:22:00 -0700, Armin