Re: Defender History?

Windows Defender as like many other security applications sets it course to scan the system it would only give a result of such if "something was found/deleted/quarantined or missed to clean" or deemed critical. 2 scan available for you is 1. Manual Scan ( your triggered it ), 2 scheduled scan which runs only at the time you scheduled 2:00 am and 3 realtime scan which acts upon your actions ( opening infected USB / Folders with infection or such equivalent ).

prompts would appear if indeed a detection was made and action taken against the malware other than that don’t worry your system is clean as per windows defender.

"Elmo" <Elmo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1F73DF15-67F4-46A4-BA03-98BDD9196868@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
My computer scans nightly at 2 a.m. but when I go to the History dropdown
there no results given. When I do open Defender, it does always show that a
complete scan was done the night before at 2 a.m.

Any ideas or suggestions anyone may have to offer would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks N Advance

  • Re: shut down issue
    ... Windows Defender, Ad-Aware, Spybot, HiJackThis, and everything is ... Eshelman's shutdown troubleshooter and the machine is clean, ... Maybe it's printer software. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Windows firewall
    ... i switch it on but afer a while it will switch itself off again? ... I would *never* rely on BETA product such as Windows Defender because beta softwares are incompleted and they have bugs in them. ... Scan and clean with repitable tools. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Problem Deleting Unwanted File
    ... Ad Aware and Windows Defender all seem to ... Can you delete the file in Safe Mode? ... I might do a clean re-install any way. ... I've also lost my basic search ...
  • Re: XP process Explorer.exe hanged but cannot be killed
    ... I am using both Norton Internet security and Windows defender. ... explorer.exe in the Task Manager but all cannot be killed which make me ... This also happened to my DVD burning program Nero too..... ... If you think it is clean, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Cant install updates Error8000FFF and E0408
    ... I've run scans with windows Defender, Malwarebytes,Spybot ... virus or an update problem? ... I was able to install defender and ... I really don't want to do another clean ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)