Re: Can you take control of a key in the registry?

Bettie Claxton wrote:

I am aware of the results of messing around with the registry. I always
keep a recent copy on hand, just in case....

I was talking about setting the security of the CLSID at the folder level
as
you call it. For other CLSIDs, one or more if the 3 logon ids have
permissions for them. I'm just looking for a way to get access to this
one. And maybe some idea of why this would happen.

Sure. Start regedit with Administrator privileges by doing Start>Search
box>type: regedit. When regedit appears in the Results above, right-click
on it and choose "Run as Administrator".

Navigate to the key you want and right-click on it to change permissions.
You might want to simply add "Everyone" to the groups and give full
permissions to the key. Start at the top key and you'll see where you can
have everything below it inherit the parent permissions of that key.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

  • Re: when I v boot up my computer
    ... I would imagine the problem you are having is related to the Permissions error for the Key, ... The Edit menu of regedit has a Permissions interface that would let you grant your user access to it. ... Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP ... This should re-enumerate the Bluetooth ...
  • Re: Can you take control of a key in the registry?
    ... I was talking about setting the security of the CLSID at the folder level as ... one or more if the 3 logon ids have ... You can set permissions on the 'folders' in the left pane. ...
  • Re: Regedit last key
    ... Another way is to make sure you close regedit at the My ... I will try removing the permissions and see what happens...yes that works. ... >> I'll make a change in the registry then move on to other things. ... >>> to do a search starting from the top and if it opens to some key near ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Regedit last key
    ... When I opened regedit and navigated to that specific key, ... > does this with the Windows Scripting Host. ... > I will try removing the permissions and see what happens...yes that works. ... >>> George Hester ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: RAM USAGE
    ... > Right click on the Run Key and pick Permissions, ... In WinNT or Win2K, you have to use Regedt32 instead of plain old ... Regedit, ... In WinXP and Win2K3 Server, ...
    (comp.databases.ms-access)