Re: Can you take control of a key in the registry?

I am aware of the results of messing around with the registry. I always keep
a recent copy on hand, just in case....

I was talking about setting the security of the CLSID at the folder level as
you call it. For other CLSIDs, one or more if the 3 logon ids have
permissions for them. I'm just looking for a way to get access to this one.
And maybe some idea of why this would happen.
--
Bettie

"Michael Walraven" wrote:

Not sure if this answers your question, you cannot set permissions on
individual data items (right pane values).
You can set permissions on the 'folders' in the left pane.

Right click on the folder, select 'Permissions' note that you may to go up
the hierarchy if the protection is inherited.

The normal comments about mucking around in the registry go double when you
are modifying permissions!

Michael

"Bettie Claxton" <BettieClaxton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I'm running Vista Enterprise SP1 and am up to date with the updates. I
have
office 2007 installed as well.

I installed the Community Clips for Office to generate some help videos. I
can't record becuase I do not have access to a particlular CLSID. I've
tried
under 3 logons:
1. my logon id and I am a domain administrator and an administrator on the
PC,
2. superuser, the account I added during Vista setup and the account I did
the install of CC for O and ran it for the first time, and
3. the built-in administrator, which I had never used before

Under all of the I get an error accessing a CLSID of 80040150, which is
lack
of permission. I cannot access the sercurity permission of this under any
of
the 3 logon ids. IF this was a folder on a network drive, I would just
take
ownership and move on. IS there some way to do that with a key in the
registry?

IF not, is there something else I could do?
--
Bettie

  • Re: Limited User program permissions
    ... Quite simply, the application doesn't "know" how to handle individual user profiles with differing security permissions levels, or the application is designed to make to make changes to "off-limits" sections of the Windows registry or protected Windows system folders. ... "If your game or application works with admin accounts, but not with limited accounts, you can fix it to allow limited users to access the program files folder with "change" capability rather than "read" which is the default. ...
  • Re: System Registry Service
    ... that did the trick allowing me to edit the registry. ... Still cannot click on icons and get them to run.Nothing is ... It sounds like permissions and policies have been tampered with ... Right click on the folder and select Properties. ...
  • Re: Admin vs. Normal Access
    ... Quite simply, the application doesn't "know" how to handle individual user profiles with differing security permissions levels, or the application is designed to make to make changes to "off-limits" sections of the Windows registry or protected Windows system folders. ... "If your game or application works with admin accounts, but not with limited accounts, you can fix it to allow limited users to access the program files folder with "change" capability rather than "read" which is the default. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Softeware not working for all users
    ... Quite simply, the application doesn't "know" how to handle individual user profiles with differing security permissions levels, or the application is designed to make to make changes to "off-limits" sections of the Windows registry or protected Windows system folders. ... "If your game or application works with admin accounts, but not with limited accounts, you can fix it to allow limited users to access the program files folder with "change" capability rather than "read" which is the default. ...
  • Re: administration rights