Re: Password Sign-On

On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 15:06:00 -0700, Bennett Quillen
<BennettQuillen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

When i close down in Hibernation mode with vista, the system does not require
a password sign-on when I power up. My XP O/S required it, and I would like
to have Vista require a passowrd or finger print even though I did not shut
down the system. What do I do?

Control Panel (Classic View) - Power Options

  • Re: Vista and global warming.
    ... But how much energy it takes depends on something totally different. ... If we for a moment assume that energy consumption depends on the amount of clock ... So _how_ the OS handles loops like this, sets how much power ... The DRM stuff added is already cracked for Vista, ...
    (sci.physics)
  • Re: Computer Randomly Shuts Off
    ... I have an HP Laptop with Vista. ... I have to wait and then power it back on where it then wants to run the scan disk for not shutting down properly.? ... When watching Vista MCE shows - it will just shutdown - not restart - the PC ... other than a log event saying the PC did not shut down correctly. ...
  • Re: Power on/off with remote
    ... When I open Power option in Vista, I can define how Vista should react when I click on the "power button".. ... What should I select here to be able to use the remote control so start/power down the machine? ... MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: USB Selective suspend support by Vista?
    ... Haven't checked Vista, but on XP you also had to go the Device Manager ... this device to save power" on it's Power Management tab. ... stack supports a modified version of the "selective suspend" feature ... Selective suspension of USB devices is especially useful in ...
  • Re: Help, my MacBook Pro is getting overwhelmed (long)
    ... Power company in these rural areas is 'flaky'. ... The Vista partition of the Mac Mini is shut down ... Vista is told to hibernate _while_ the Timbuktu ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)