Re: Update for Windows Vista does not install

Pearl;64657 Wrote:
I am getting reminders to install the latest updates but when I try, it
fails. The update it is trying to install is Update for Windows Vista.
have Windows Vista Business. Anyone have this same problem?

You will need to identify the reasons for the failure. See if someting
at 'Windows Vista Updates fail To Install '
(http://www.winvistaclub.com/t4.html)helps you.

--
HappyAndyK

www.WinVistaClub.com
HappyAndyK's Profile: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/member.php?userid=4
View this thread: http://winvistaclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15303

  • Re: Vista update KB938371 fails to install. error code 80073715
    ... It always comes back OK after re-booting, but it is annoying and doesn't give me good feelings about the stability of Windows Vista. ... You stated that you tried " running the download installer package ". ... After rebooting, I tried again to install KB 938371, once through Windows update and once through running the downloaded installer package. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Unexpected recurring but very intermitant ding.
    ... Core task of the Windows Vista Task Scheduler. ... During that clean install process, let Vista update and that can take more ... Microsoft Corporation - Internet Explorer Version 7.00.6000.16386 * ...
  • Re: Error Code 80073712 - Windows Vista SP2
    ... Windows Vista, but only for Service Pack 2. ... beginning the install. ... Firewall _before installing or uninstalling_ Vista SP2. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: Error code 8007065E in patch (KB941649) while updating windows
    ... I notice that the successful install is titled Update for Windows ... while the one that continually fails is titled Update for Windows Vista ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: installation of KB905866 failed, error 800B0100
    ... I wanted to install a firewall program but haven't done so. ... Did you upgrade to this McAfee application from an earlier McAfee application? ... and Support through email, it says "An unknown application error ... 'Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista' ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)