Re: Help with firewall

The advice from both you and "HappyAndyK" to use a registry cleaner is

This is why I am always hesitant to participate in support forums
because every time I offer advice it is immediately labeled as wrong by
an ignorant post. I NEVER said to use a Registry Cleaner, read my advice
again and again until you can correctly interpret what I said before you
accuse me of giving bad advice. I agree that using registry cleaners is
both dangerous and unnecessary in most cases but HappyAndyK did not give
bad advice by recommending CCleaner's registry cleaner as it just may
remove the entry causing the annoyance. CCleaner offers you to backup
before removing any registry entries and on top of that it is by no
means an aggressive registry cleaner.

If that doesn't work the solution is to find the registry entry that is
causing the annoyance manually and remove it. You can use regedit or you
can use a program such as RegSeeker to find all entries related to
McAfee by using the "Search" feature.

arkitect's Profile:
View this thread:

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Clearing temp files
    ... " When using CCleaner DO Not use the Registry Cleaner function. ... What is hard to believe is a lot of these idiots charge for this nonsense advice. ... Vita brevis breviter in brevi finietur, ...
  • Re: Using MS Registry Ceaner
    ... Unknown typed: ... Your advice "USE A REPUTABLE, BRANDED REGISTRY CLEANER ... on the keyboard ...
  • Re: Using MS Registry Ceaner
    ... your refusal to see reality can only be a sickness. ... registry cleaner caused a problem and was posted, ... My advice is USE A REPUTABLE, ... the keyboard ...
  • Re: Using MS Registry Ceaner
    ... This subject has been hashed over and over and each time a registry cleaner ... My advice is USE A REPUTABLE, ... the keyboard ... Terry R. ...
  • Re: Basic Command Line Question
    ... These registry entries were never meant for use by any NEW ... and/or properly written Win32 applications. ... BAD advice: the user profiles may have been placed somewhere else, ...