Re: Firewall etc

Personally I only use the Windows Firewall and have found it more than adequate. McAfee and Norton I would not use they are system hoggers and, especially Norton, cause more problems than they solve.

John Barnett MVP
Windows XP Associate Expert
Windows Desktop Experience

"jo5030" <jo5030@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:FD2CC28F-2836-48DD-9D2C-7D48BB8E1A99@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Can anyone comment on the effectiveness of the MS supplied Firewall and
Defender offering when compared to other commercial products (such as McAfee
and Norton)? I use Norton at the moment, and it seems to me that if one is
offered through Vista for nothing, I may as well use it rather than pay for