Re: Firewall etc

Matousec ran a very comprehensive test of the available products for
'Matousec Firewall Challenge'

Windows firewall in it's default state scored a rather dismal 5% but
does better with some advanced configuration, still not as good as
others tho.
Comodo scored the best for Free firewalls at 95% and is the choice of
many of the security pros here in the Forums. Some in the Newsgroups
here get rather "testy" when anyone mentions (God forbid) using a 3rd
party them "Snake Oil" and the like, but Matousec's test
suite is very comprehensive and runs the toughest firewall attacks and
go-rounds available so I'll take their word over the ...ahem "other" guy
here who may come in and start bashing this post for Blasphemy.

::*_DAVE_* ::- vista ultimate 64bit - nzxt lexa classic case - asus
commando mobo (p965/ich8r) - intel e6750 core 2 - zalman 9700 cpu cooler
- 4g's crucial ballistix tracer ddr2 pc26400 ram - bfg 8800gts oc2 320mb
- 2 x 22\" w2207 lcd monitors - 2 x 250g, 2 x 500g sata ii hdd's, 2 dvd
burners c/w lightscribe (sony, tsst) - enermax noisetaker ii 600w psu
with custom chrome cable sleeving - hauppauge hdtv tv tuner card - 5.1
logitech z5500 speakers - 15 in 1 multi-card reader

::*We will _NEVER_ Forget!*::

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Internet Explorer cannot display the web page
    ... "daviedoug" wrote: ... My wife's is connected via the Network. ... Firewall off and done the installation?. ... I don't know what you mean with windows Firewall, ...
  • Re: Setup Error when connecting Xbox 360 to MCE2005 PC
    ... Attempt to add your Xbox 360 again via the Media Center Extender Manager ... but receive the Setup Error (stating problems with the firewall ... Microsoft KB911728 for opening ports and allowing traffic to/from XBox ... Unable to open ports in the Windows firewall. ...
  • Re: Outpost firewall wont run
    ... the Windows Firewall in XP does a fantastic job ... Deconstructing Common Security Myths. ... Don't fall for software applications touted in publications relying on ...
  • Re: Firewall =?ISO-8859-15?Q?f=FCr_Netbook=3F?=
    ... "Windows Firewall" bezeichnet wird und nicht in einen Topf mit PFWs ... Artikel über Personal Firewall. ... Aktionsmöglichkeiten abdecken will und das ONU auch noch klarmachen ...
  • Re: XP Firewall Disabled - Help!
    ... Whern I install the SP1 tonight it ... Possibly some process is still doing changes to the registry. ... It says firewall is turned off. ... Find the Windows Firewall Service and make sure that the startup ...