Re: can't download file - "you need permission"

I almost didn't bother going through registration to answer this.
Almost.

For my idea of a solution.

Do you see the name of the file in the 'save' window?
The thing is, v64 won't let you save some types of files. For some
reason. It can be disabled, but you don't really have to. Just change
the extension of the saved file to say: 'a'.

So if you have 'file.exe' it would be 'file.a'. Thus the "protection"
is circumvented. Yay.

When downloaded, the file should be renamed back to exe but i guess you
knew that.

--
Regalia

  • Re: html forms and spam-bots
    ... William Gill wrote: ... check the referer? ... protection on the form then they don't need to bother. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Problem relaunching Sygate Pro in XP
    ... >Duane Arnold wrote: ... >> of the protection measures it is explaining. ... GUARANTEE saving my life in a crash, I'll not bother to wear one at ... unlikely to get a virus, and if I do, it can't GUARANTEE protection". ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Problem relaunching Sygate Pro in XP
    ... >Duane Arnold wrote: ... >> of the protection measures it is explaining. ... GUARANTEE saving my life in a crash, I'll not bother to wear one at ... unlikely to get a virus, and if I do, it can't GUARANTEE protection". ...
    (alt.computer.security)