Re: Vista user permisssion problem

"ClayJR" <ClayJR@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:40AE3C1D-982A-41B3-BB74-5ED4B4AC31A5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
this is my first ever post, and I am an average user, so please be patient. I
have a problem with NIS2008 and Vista HB. Norton has worked on the problem
and reports it is a windows issue. I have 2 user accounts. One admin and one
standard user. Norton comes up and runs live update for the administrator.
But it will not update for the standard user. i am told this is a permissions
problem. When it tries to update the standard user the admin permisssion
window comes up. and even though I follow all the instructions (enter my
password) it does not allow me to run the live update for the standard user.
This problem did not exist using NIS 2007. I have loaded all the vista
updates as they are available. I loaded this on my other machine running
Vista Premium with no problems at all. I would really appreciate some
guidance.

What password are you entering? It should be the password for the Admin account....

  • Re: Windows Update Failing (Code:80070490)
    ... If you temporarily disable Norton AntiVirus *and* disable the Norton ... Firewall *and then* enable the Windows Firewall, will the update install? ... Are you sure you're not running Vista SP1? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: xp-norton-vista
    ... I am thinking of upgrading to Vista, my question is, after hearing so many bad things about Norton recently, would the Windows Live One Care be a good replacement for Norton? ... The Windows Live OneCare antivirus is junk. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Installing a window service and application
    ... I am trying to install my application on windows vista ultimate and I ... am having lots of issues with users permissions. ... standard user does not have enough permission. ...
  • Re: Windows Security Center window will not pop up
    ... It is strange that everything worked together, including the Security Center ... Windows Security Center IS working according to running processes etc...just ... I have Enhanced Vista Support working on this now too... ... Norton "intrusion detection" and activate the Windows Firewall as ...
  • Re: Error code 8007273D
    ... my Norton Antivirus won't update either since I installed Windows 7 from Vista. ... I already spent hours on a chat with Microsoft and they haven't figured it out either. ... Was Norton active and *monitoring* the system when Vista was upgraded to Win 7? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)