Re: Lost Encryption Keys

<bradb56@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:v28074ljir9oarnoi3aoqkhai4cm0njqrg@xxxxxxxxxx
My PC crashed, forcing a reload. I had stored some files in an
encrypted folder on a separate partition.

Like a bonehead, I didn't save the keys before the crash.

Is there anyway I can get to the file contents?

Help!!!!!!

If you made a backup to a different drive or to a DVD prior to the crash you can backup your current configuration, use your backup to decrypt the folder, get the information you need and then restore. Otherwise, you're out of luck.
Any and all information of an important nature should always be backed up on a regular basis.

C.B.

--
It is the responsibility and duty of everyone to help the underprivileged and unfortunate among us.

  • RE: Encrypting encrypted files
    ... probably already has the keys to open the Encrypted files. ... Encrypted folder, ... It is still recommended to backup other users' private keys. ... 223316 Best Practices for the Encrypting File System ...
  • Re: Encrypting encrypted files
    ... glad to see this logic is employed with MS File Encryption... ... > will not be encrypted again in the encrypted folder. ... > probably already has the keys to open the Encrypted files. ... > It is still recommended to backup other users' private keys. ...
  • Re: Word 2004 crashes when cutting text - FIXED!!!
    ... I'm going to give you a couple of recommendations at the bottom of this, ... 99% of my crashes are on documents without tables. ... you should turn on "Always make backup" as a safety measure and forget all ... I have no crash or problem with any ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: Access 2003 corrupting my .adp files
    ... importing all the objects into it from the backup copy. ... it will crash when I am changing a form or report. ... into a picture control on my report the crashing problem went away. ...
    (comp.databases.ms-access)
  • Re: Tricky Questions
    ... > crash in which the computer went into an endless reboot. ... In backup questions, I refer to Ntbackup. ... > What is windows GUI? ... > What good will backing up the registry do? ...