Re: "Windows Security Center Services can't be started"

dawa747 <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

thanks all.
I cant do system restore as restore is not available beyong ten restore
points.

Did you check the box that will go further back than five days?

I consulted with the macafee, but i am not satisfied with their
solution. My problem is still there. cant start windows security center
and cant put on the windows firewall. windows firewall options are
unavailable and says " For security reason, some settings are control by
group policy." I dont know how to check the group policy and am not in
any domain.

  • Re: group policy and windows firewall
    ... 'Windows Firewall options are grayed out' ... things i wanted to do was make sure windows was up to date and the windows firewall enabled. ... i have looked on microsoft website and been into the group policy editor but cant seem to figure out how to turn this off and keep it off. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: "Windows Security Center Services cant be started"
    ... I cant do system restore as restore is not available beyong ten restore ... and cant put on the windows firewall. ... I dont know how to check the group policy and am not in ...
  • Re: System Restore Keeping Only One Restore Point
    ... temporarily turning off System Restore), and then turn System Resore back ... And 3% should be adequate space, and would be, with good restore points ... use the built in Windows firewall... ... the Windows Firewall in XP does a ...
  • Re: System Restore Keeping Only One Restore Point
    ... Either something bad happened during the creation of those restore points ... do the necessary housekeeping for System Restore and its bookmarking. ... use the built in Windows firewall... ... the Windows Firewall in XP does a ...
  • Re: System Restore Keeping Only One Restore Point
    ... It's not really a matter of "how many restore points I'm keeping". ... The System Restore service has been suspended because there is not enough ... use the built in Windows firewall... ... the Windows Firewall in XP does a ...