Re: Hosts File Not Blocking a Website

"lrichar3" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:65fe0fe34086805d29a9945c501f74ef@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I have altered my hosts file on both an XP and Vista computer. The XP
computer correctly blocks the unwanted websites ("Page cannot be
displayed") but the same exact hosts file on the vista computer shows
the sites.

If you look at the hosts file is the addition still there?
Some security block changes to the Hosts file.

Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM

  • Hosts File Not Blocking a Website
    ... I have altered my hosts file on both an XP and Vista computer. ... computer correctly blocks the unwanted websites ("Page cannot be ...