Re: Hosts File Not Blocking a Website

"lrichar3" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:65fe0fe34086805d29a9945c501f74ef@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I have altered my hosts file on both an XP and Vista computer. The XP
computer correctly blocks the unwanted websites ("Page cannot be
displayed") but the same exact hosts file on the vista computer shows
the sites.

What is going on here?

You have a blatant misusage of the host file on both platforms.

  • Re: Hosts File Not Blocking a Website
    ... I have altered my hosts file on both an XP and Vista computer. ... computer correctly blocks the unwanted websites ("Page cannot be ...