Re: How can I remove AVG kernel interface?

Hi again. Tried your suggestion to use WinPatrol. Never heard of it. It worked like a charm.
Many thanks. Now won't have to cuss everytime I startup. Have a nice day. bobg

"bobg" <bganon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:8C178576-24BF-46A5-9260-F5DAB1ADC08D@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Dave, Followed your instructions and "Grisoft" is listed but "Not yet classified." It shows in the box but the Disable is only a shadow copy and doesn't affect it. Thanks for your suggestion. Guess I'll live with it for awhile. It doesn't really interupt that much. Just another item to click on startup. :) bobg

"Dave M" <Dave.M.3asxbc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:Dave.M.3asxbc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm not an AVG user, but what I'd try is to bring up Windows Defender >
click Tools > Software Explorer > Category: Startup Programs > look for
Grisoft applications and highlight any found > click Disable.

If you have WinPatrol installed, that could also be worth trying to
find those hidden startups.

--
Dave M
Dave M's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=25399

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Re: winpatrol
    ... The best thing about Winpatrol is the real-time alerts. ... you're installing software, and the installer did not give you a choice ... It also monitors the HOSTS file, critical system files, and certain ... Previously WinPatrol did NOT monitor all possible startup locations. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: winlogon:userinit
    ... One of the new features of WinPatrol is to monitor some additional ... startup registry entries not typically listed by Startup monitors. ...
  • Re: Config. Utility against unchecking programs?
    ... permission. ... Windows Media Player; Adobe Reader 8; Adobe Flash Player 10 Activex..] ... When I go to Startup to uncheck some programs to speed up the computer, ... the free version of WinPatrol does not immediately check ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Event Viewer
    ... from %systemroot%\system32\config then set the Event Log Service "Startup ... Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup. ... | In Administrative tools there is a problem with "Event Viewer". ... Windows XP SP2. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Svchost crashes after XP-SP2 - help diagnose...
    ... I tried your suggestion, disabled all the non-Microsoft services, and ... Sometims after I get this error on startup windows does not apply the ... Mark Stokes ... >> startup process. ...