Re: No viruses, but web browsing is insanely slow

So what happens if you uninstall your AV?

"Hugh G. Johnson" <HughNOTGNOTJohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I recently put together a new Vista Ult. box. Unfortunately soon after it
got infected with a strain of Vundo, which I think I've erraticated, but
somehow the machine still seems compramised. I can FTP, Email, Telnet with
no problems, but once I open a web browser the wait for pages to load is
painful.

I have ClamWin as my main anti-virus software - I"ve scanned in SAFE MODE
memory and all partitions
And I've ran all these programs in SAFE MODE numerous times to no avail
Spybot S&D
Ad-aware 2007 Free
Super Anti-spyware
Windows Defender
Malicious Software Removal
HijackThis (nothing of concern comes up)
Replaced Hosts file

Soon after I run these programs web browsing is zippy for a little bit,
but then strarts crawling. Images or ads won't load and then pages time
out. I'm not sure what else I can check to see what is going on. Other
machines on same network work fine.

Thanks.

Hugh

.