Re: Uninstall Windows Defender (Vista Ultimate)

AlohaMahalo;743094 Wrote:
I am running Windows Vista Ultimate and Microsoft Defender is installed
by
default. I want to uninstall it but it doesn't even show up in the
Programs &
Features list (Uninstall or change a program). How do I go about to
uninstall
that program.

thank you
Hello,
Windows Defender ( not microsoft defender, by the way) is part of
Vista. It canNOT be un-installed. You can, however, turn it off.
BUT, before you turn it off, do you have a 3rd party program to replace
it ? You must have one or the other. Assuming that you do, open windows
defender, look to the top, find the ( ? ) sign, click it . Perhaps you
want to read what's on the screen first. Scroll all the way to the end,
click the last entry : Turn windows defender on or off. Just follow the
instructions on how to turn it off.

--
t-4-2

  • Re: Uninstall Windows Defender (Vista Ultimate)
    ... Is there a reason why Windows Defender doesn't seem to be keeping up with all ... (Main reason for wanting to uninstall it) ... I want to uninstall it but it doesn't even show up in the ...
  • Re: windows defender help needed, please?
    ... Uninstall everything you listed, dump the "handful of registry cleaners" ... don't use Windows Defender at all. ... Firewall, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Windows Defender Wont Install
    ... That doesn't work because there is no file to run that uninstall command on. ... Like I said the files were uninstalled by my brother before system restore was run to take it back a week, therefore the XP registry from that previous week old restore point thinks Defender is still installed settings-wise even though the files are missing. ... See if KB555957's advice on un-installing Windows Defender in XP will help. ... > install because it falsely thinks a previous version is installed so> setup ...
  • Re: Cant turn off Windows Defender
    ... It is not part of XP SP3; ... At least you can uninstall it from XP. ... develop a plan to idealling 'uninstall' Windows Defender before installing ... I turn off Windows Defender ...
  • Re: Need help to speed up sluggish machine
    ... keep all of the updates, or could the older ones be uninstalled keeping the ... 2.Java advises users to always have the latest version of the Java Runtime ... 7.If you're on Norton or McAfee use their respective uninstall tool. ... If Windows Defender is utilized go to Applications, ...