Re: Vista Security Update for IE7 kills internet access

I have Avast and disabling it didn't help as much as a reboot.
I have a suspicion it's network adapter driver related.
"Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks [MVP]" <sbradcpa@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:eVkKMDozIHA.5816@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Typically when this is seen you have some third party antivirus and firewall software that doesn't play nice nice with updates.

Norton
Comodo
Zone Alarm
Etc.

Try to disable and reenable your a/v and firewall.

It's not the patches, it's the third party interaction with the patches.

Installed here, no issues.

Michael D. Ober wrote:
"Tony Linguini" <pccarguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:uzSMcyjzIHA.3504@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Not just a problem with Dell. It has affected (not killed) my internet on my home built computer.
"DL" <address@invalid> wrote in message news:ObIwRfazIHA.5820@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Allready answered;
Learn how to cross post, not multi post

"Tom Berry" <tberry@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:%23HHTMWazIHA.4848@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dell forward a bunch of updates from Microsoft yesterday. One was Security Update KB950759. After this was installed I couldn't access the internet. After I uninstalled it everything worked. Again today it was sent by Dell and installed-same thing, couldn't access internet until I uninstalled it.

Any suggestions? I don't want to have to do this everyday.

Thanks,

Tom Berry
tberry@xxxxxxxxxxx

There may be information in the MS KB article about your problem. I have this update installed and have no problems.

Mike.

  • Re: Vista Security Update for IE7 kills internet access
    ... firewall software that doesn't play nice nice with updates. ... After this was installed I couldn't access the internet. ... Again today it was sent by Dell and installed-same thing, couldn't access internet until I uninstalled it. ...
  • Re: Vista Security Update for IE7 kills internet access
    ... Typically when this is seen you have some third party antivirus and firewall software that doesn't play nice nice with updates. ... Again today it was sent by Dell and installed-same thing, couldn't access internet until I uninstalled it. ...
  • Re: Comcast Cable Setup Security Issue
    ... Now imagine your normal user going through the setup. ... In the meantime some hacker (BTW, guess what, the ... creative enough to figure out how to get around disabling anti-virus and ... firewall software back on (I am assuming that they didn't uninstall the ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Unable to Retrieve The Mobile Device Infomation
    ... "disabling" the firewall software doesn't help. ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)
  • RE: Error Message "[Error number: 0x800B0100]"
    ... It appears that SP 2 is interfering with Norton Internet Security or similar ... Firewall software. ... Simply disabling the firewall portion of Norton Internet security ... "Martin" wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)