Remote desktop is not secure

I had a consultant give me the fire drill about how our network is at risk
because we have 2 people connecting via remote desktop to 1 server. These
are set in GP to enforce high encryption level. My understanding is this
is secure- and according to the technet article I read- even login
credentials are encrypted.
Is this correct? Is the contractor just trying to scare us to have hime
setup a vpn for $$$.
Looking for comments

Thanks

craig

  • Re: Remote desktop is not secure
    ... because we have 2 people connecting via remote desktop to 1 server. ... These are set in GP to enforce high encryption level. ... I think that most who are concerned about security would recommend the usage of a VPN solution in this situation with a strong user name and password on the remote host machine being connected to over the Internet by client machines. ...
  • How secure is remote desktop
    ... because we have 2 people connecting via remote desktop to 1 server. ... are set in GP to enforce high encryption level. ... Craig Niedringhaus ...