Windows Security Centre misreporting

Hi

I am running AVG antivirus(not the free one) and have defender turned on.

The other day when booting, I was asked if a windows 2003 SBS file in a temp
directory could be run. I assented.

Since, the Vista security centre has failed to recognize my antivirus and
reminds
me that defender is turned off. Defender is actually on. If I click turn on
Defender from the security centre, then it spends 5 minutes looking for something then
informs me that there "are no new definitions available" to me.

There seems to be no way to tell it that AVG is installed.

I would be grateful for any advice

thanks

jc

===============
Jonathan Crawford
jc@xxxxxxxx
===============

  • Re: SP3 and Windows Defender
    ... Thanks but can we get back to my thread - why is Defender generating a quick ... This is not scheduled by me - the schedule ... running slower than before SP£ ... why are you running AVG 8.0 and Windows Defender? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: SP3 and Windows Defender
    ... Running several antispyware programs on a computer is OK. ... Not sure whether this is coincidence but Defender is now doing a daily quick ... why are you running AVG 8.0 and Windows Defender? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: SP3 and Windows Defender
    ... Not sure whether this is coincidence but Defender is now doing a daily ... running slower than before SP£ ... why are you running AVG 8.0 and Windows Defender? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: SP3 and Windows Defender
    ... Not sure whether this is coincidence but Defender is now doing a daily quick ... running slower than before SP£ ... why are you running AVG 8.0 and Windows Defender? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • windows update error 80070002
    ... After installing a bunch of updates this morning, ... failed (Vista Security and Defender). ... Upon further examination, I discovered ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)