Windows Security Centre misreporting
- From: "Jonathan Crawford" <jc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 07:33:13 +0100
I am running AVG antivirus(not the free one) and have defender turned on.
The other day when booting, I was asked if a windows 2003 SBS file in a temp
directory could be run. I assented.
Since, the Vista security centre has failed to recognize my antivirus and
me that defender is turned off. Defender is actually on. If I click turn on
Defender from the security centre, then it spends 5 minutes looking for something then
informs me that there "are no new definitions available" to me.
There seems to be no way to tell it that AVG is installed.
I would be grateful for any advice
- Prev by Date: Re: Avast Uninstall Blues
- Next by Date: Re: Security Centre
- Previous by thread: Re: Avast Uninstall Blues
- Next by thread: Windows Firewall problem: Filter Query