Re: Protected Mode and Signed ActiveX Plugins

Mark;591241 Wrote:
I will assume the ActiveX installation troubleshooting on page 78-82
didn't
help either.
Which would have led you here:
'Per-user Installations (Windows)'
(http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa370813.aspx)
Pay special attention to finding Vista folder paths.

Additionally, ActiveX needs to use Brokered Services for elevated
tasks:
'MSDN Enhanced Search'
(http://search.msdn.microsoft.com/search/Default.aspx?query=broker+activex&brand=msdn&locale=&refinement=00&lang=en-us)
(I don't know which of these really apply, but there is a generic
theme
related to your problem.)

Or, possibly:
In Vista, with UAC enabled, IE will refuse to run any code not packaged
in
the CAB file.
If the hook statement contains a parameter with path, you need to put
three
double quotes around the EXE.
For example:

[preInstall]
run="""%EXTRACT_DIR%\PrepareInstall.exe""" %OBJECT_DIR%
(This will work in XP and 2000 also.)

<shalayka@xxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi Mark,

Thank you for this document.

Neither the Visual Studio 2008 automatic manifest insertion via Linker
options, nor a manually inserted manifest resource causes a UAC popup
to occur (as hoped). I have tried the three obvious parameters:
asInvoker, highestAvailable, requireAdministrator.

- Shawn