Iexplorer freezes on "exe" file download

3 month old Vista Home premium pre-loaded on new pc, SP1 installed, AVG free with Linkscanner disabled, security settings all sites to lowest possible ("computer at risk" warnings") - and despite all this, cannot download Spybot from a secure site ... nor any "exe"file ...

Have checked all "checkbox" items on internet security settings with friend with Vista Pro (or whatever) who has no problem with d/loading.
..
It isn't SP1, problem occurred before (don't know which update caused the problem, as it's "automatic" update/install).

What's preventing "exe" downloads? Help please!

  • Re: Iexplorer freezes on "exe" file download
    ... free with Linkscanner disabled, security settings all sites to lowest possible ("computer at risk" warnings") - and despite all this, cannot download Spybot from a secure site ... ... Have checked all "checkbox" items on internet security settings with friend with Vista Pro who has no problem with d/loading. ...
  • Re: youtube within email now a red x
    ... I am using Vista Home Premium 64. ... I am now using IE7. ... (I tried IE8 and removed it recently). ... Which security settings could be affecting this? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)