Re: Iexplorer freezes on "exe" file download

PS have run "sfc /scannow" as administrator - "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations".

"masterbowl" <nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:eSTGTekvIHA.5448@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
3 month old Vista Home premium pre-loaded on new pc, SP1 installed, AVG free with Linkscanner disabled, security settings all sites to lowest possible ("computer at risk" warnings") - and despite all this, cannot download Spybot from a secure site ... nor any "exe"file ...

Have checked all "checkbox" items on internet security settings with friend with Vista Pro (or whatever) who has no problem with d/loading.
.
It isn't SP1, problem occurred before (don't know which update caused the problem, as it's "automatic" update/install).

What's preventing "exe" downloads? Help please!

  • Iexplorer freezes on "exe" file download
    ... month old Vista Home premium pre-loaded on new pc, SP1 installed, AVG free with Linkscanner disabled, security settings all sites to lowest possible ("computer at risk" warnings") - and despite all this, cannot download Spybot from a secure site ... ... Have checked all "checkbox" items on internet security settings with friend with Vista Pro who has no problem with d/loading. ...
  • Re: DocumentHTML ?
    ... automated downloading of about 10 GB of HTML from various web sites ... use warnings; # do not leave it out. ... to set your security settings to a low and possibly unsafe level. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: DocumentHTML ?
    ... Any hints, please? ... to set your security settings to a low and possibly unsafe level. ... But of course I use warnings! ... You didn't see it in my snippet because I always run scripts ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: DocumentHTML ?
    ... And when, finally, I saw that he'd added "use warnings" to my original code ... I thought Mr Unur had "middle-posted" and left, ... Sinan Unur"> wrote ... ... to set your security settings to a low and possibly unsafe level. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • RE: Windows Update Error etc.
    ... Security settings seem hosed. ... Even if ALL security in IE is disabled, I still get warnings about forms submission, site and server cert revocation, etc etc etc, the list goes on. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)