Re: trojans

On Wed, 28 May 2008 08:12:35 -0700, Jason wrote:

Defender is crap. Get a good antivirus like Kaspersky.

Kaspersky is indeed a good anti-virus program. However, Defender is
*not* crap. Moreover, Kaspersky is an anti-virus, and Defender is
anti-spyware. There is little or no overlap in what they protect
against.

For good protection, you need *both* a anti-virus and an anti-spyware
software. And when it comes to anti-spyware, one program is not
enough.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup

  • Re: HELP
    ... Word is not an anti-virus program nor an anti-spyware program ... so I don't understand how Word plays into all of this. ... JoAnn Paules ... Windows online and download MS Defender but I can't find it. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Re Installing Windows Defender
    ... |> | Perhaps while installation of Defender is occurring. ... |> | Defender is not an anti-virus program and you don't want to be without ... |> apps? ... |> | Please Reply to the Newsgroup ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Error code 80070005
    ... What anti-spyware ... applications (other than Defender)? ... What third-party firewall? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: How do I turn on windows anti-virus in Vista?
    ... | Is windows "defender" also an anti-virus program too? ... No. Windows Defender is not "anti virus" and it isn't a very good ani adware/spyware ... You have to install an anti virus product. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Kaspersky Question
    ... >I'm considering changing over to the Kaspersky ... >anti-virus program & would appreciate your input on my ... file scanning speeds up greatly thereafter. ... archives isn't the smartest thing to do nowdays, ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)