Re: Multible firewalls report that they are open in security center!

NavChief84 wrote:

I have uninstalled a firewall (McAfee Security Center) and used the
software provided on its web site to completely remove from a system! I
found the solution somewhere before but can not find it and again it was
just too simple! If I found it in one of many computer Mags I have then I
know someone else as also! After looking all over the net many others have
the same problem with once removed security suite software, the only
advice given is to go into the registry (very bad advice I would say too
many novices). I had to reinstall to manufacture box after an update
ruined things and had found
solution months ago before redo! Another Q how come turn on and up date
under installed firewall programs does not work? Thanks Ahead of time

Right-click Command Prompt and Run as Administrator. Type the following
command:

winmgmt /salvagerepository

The first time you run this it will fail. It will issue stop commands to
the services causing it to fail. It might take a couple minutes for the
services to shut down. Run the command again and reboot your system.

If the above doesn't work, do the following from an elevated cmd prompt:

net stop winmgmt [enter]
cd /d %windir%\system32\wbem [enter]
ren repository repository.old [enter]
net start winmgmt [enter]

Don't know the answer to your last question because it isn't clear to me.
Please define "does not work".

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers

  • Re: McAfee Virus Scan In Vista
    ... Right-click Command Prompt and Run as Administrator. ... winmgmt /salvagerepository ... The first time you run this it will fail. ...
  • Re: norton free trial
    ... Right-click Command Prompt and Run as Administrator. ... winmgmt /salvagerepository ... The first time you run this it will fail. ...
  • Re: norton free trial
    ... Right-click Command Prompt and Run as Administrator. ... winmgmt /salvagerepository ... The first time you run this it will fail. ...
  • Re: norton free trial
    ... Right-click Command Prompt and Run as Administrator. ... winmgmt /salvagerepository ... The first time you run this it will fail. ...
  • Re: Firewalls displayed in security center
    ... Right-click Command Prompt and Run as Administrator. ... winmgmt /salvagerepository ... the services causing it to fail. ... ren repository repository.old ...