Re: Windows Defender??????

Stonebow Witham;739317 Wrote:
Can someone please tell me how to activate Windows Defender?

I have tried all the assistance listed in this group and still cannot
get
Defender to work!

One piece of advice was to log on to the C prompt as system
administrator?
I tried to right click on the prompt but there is nothing on the drop
down
menu that allows me to do this. I would appreciate a step by step guide
(for IT illiterate people) as to how this is done.

Thank you.
Hello,
Let's start with the most standard method :
Click the Start button, the circular icon, bottom left.
Right panel, click Control Panel.
Left panel, click Classic View.
Scroll all the way down until you find the Windows Defender icon, Right
click on the icon, click OPEN
Top, click Tools
Click Options, now just checkmark neccessary boxes.
It should look something like this : (click screenshot link to view )

'ImageGrotto: Free Image and Screenshot Hosting'
(http://imagegrotto.com/view-Capture.JPGwindows_defender14278.JPG)

Please let me know if it's turned on now.

--
t-4-2

  • Some Fedora 14 nitpicks
    ... but release notes or some Fedora Documentation should ... Right now I have to drag the menu icon onto the ... I like to close Epiphany when not in use, ... Epiphany after closing it but retain the bookmark on my panel. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: [kde] OK -Im trying
    ... an icon onto the desktop or onto the panel. ... But I can then close the app and drag it to the desktop folder, ... It's not expected that you would need to add them directly to the panel. ... systemsettings> Appearance tab> Fonts? ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: where is a command line in fedora core 5
    ... You can right click on an icon on your desktop and choose properties ... installing a theme is very simple. ... and same for the terminal window. ... To get a home link on your panel (again, I'm using gnome - may be ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Backup program for OpenSuse 11.3
    ... I have personally never had heard of PCLinuxOS being mentioned ... I have my very own specific "KDE styling" that I apply, and as such, it ... of course you would consider having a panel at the bottom Windows-like, ... Both panels have a "K menu" icon, ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: First thoughts on KDE4.2... lots of bugs...
    ... KDE asks for root permission when I open a folder with Dolphin ... The Kstart widget icon gets big when I am done. ... I too am not crazy about the new blue panel ...
    (Fedora)