Re: Add 'Downloads' to Start Menu

Dave T.;755296 Wrote:
Daisame wrote:

Actually that will only let you create a shortcut within one of the
existing folder links (Documents, Pictures, etc). It will not let
you
create a new folder listing called "Download" (or whatever you are
trying to add)> > > >

That's odd, it works on my machine. The new shortcut is in the list
on
the left side of the start menu, and is a folder unto itself not a
sub
of one of the other folders.

--
Dave T.

I have a feeling you are talking about the Top of the Left area. Where
the other quick launch icons are. There are numerous posts on how to put
a folder there. We are talking about the right side of the start menu
that currently holds things like the link to the control panel and the
Documents and Music folders, etc.

--
Daisame

  • Re: CreateFolder from Worksheet Columns
    ... Dave, ... Is there away to appent eCtr to the Folder Name? ... If Len(Dir(sBaseFolder & sTemp)) = 0 Then ... Dim rCell As Range ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: find files and open db
    ... hi dave your versions great the only downside is that it goes from column to ... Dim sFil, sPath, sel As String ... As for getting the list of files from a folder, ... Dim fCtr As Long ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: find files and open db
    ... in range a1 i enter the folder name (i have an open dialogue box to select ... "Dave Peterson" wrote: ... Dim myNames() As String ... Dim fCtr As Long ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: find files and open db
    ... Do you use a single folder name in A1 or do you put a bunch of folder names in ... "Dave Peterson" wrote: ... Dim myNames() As String ... Dim fCtr As Long ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Speed of file opening
    ... Thanks Dave, I'll give it a go with fingers crossed. ... the HDD first to be safe! ... I clean up this folder any time I want. ... I noticed your first comment in this thread was to clean up the temp ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)