Re: Add 'Downloads' to Start Menu

Dave T.;755187 Wrote:
t-4-2 wrote:> > >

No registry change! In windows explorer, right click "downloads", click
"send to", click "desktop (create shortcut)", then drag the shortcut to
the start orb. Viola.

--
Dave T.

Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach a
person to use the internet and they won't bother you for
weeks.> >

Actually that will only let you create a shortcut within one of the
existing folder links (Documents, Pictures, etc). It will not let you
create a new folder listing called "Download" (or whatever you are
trying to add)

--
Daisame

  • RE: Timesheets - again!
    ... I was thanking both you and Dave for your help. ... > transfering site like yousendit.com. ... > downloads. ... > unknow file from an unknown source! ...
  • Re: Can I save SPARC snoop output so x86 can read it?
    ... Dave wrote: ... It causes the DrayTek ... to be very slow - downloads from the internet occur at 1 KB/s or less. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Tcl Thread - Windows Binaries?
    ... I was thinking of threads this weekend and noticed that the downloads ... are souce only. ... Are there windows binaries already compiled and available for this? ... Dave ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • download http to memory (not disk)
    ... I have some code which downloads a text file like this: ... Is there any way to download to a string, then parse that string? ... Dave ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)