Re: antivirus install problems

On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 13:40:00 -0700, Ed wrote:

Thanks Mick,
That's what I was afraid of. They came out with a patch for Win2k and XP,
but I don't think they support that program anymore.

That's correct, support has ceased.

If you prefer CA try this:
1 year FREE trial of CA Anti-Virus (May 2008)

But *better* alternatives are these:
Avira AntiVir® Personal - FREE Antivirus
You may wish to consider removing the 'AntiVir Nagscreen'
Free antivirus - avast! 4 Home Edition
It includes ANTI-SPYWARE protection, certified by the West Coast Labs
Checkmark process, and ANTI-ROOTKIT DETECTION based on the best-in class
GMER technology.
(Choose Custom Installation and under Resident
Protection, uncheck: Internet Mail and Outlook/Exchange.)
AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition
(Choose custom install and untick the email scanner plugin.)
Kaspersky® Anti-Virus 7.0 - Not Free
ESET NOD32 Antivirus - Not Free

Why You Don't Need Your Anti-Virus Program to Scan Your E-Mail
Viral Irony: The Most Common Cause of Corruption.

and (optional but highly recommendable)

On-demand AV applications.
(add them to your arsenal and use them as a "second opinion" av scanner).
David H. Lipman's MULTI_AV Tool
Additional Instructions:
BitDefender10 Free Edition (*NOT FOR VISTA*)

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Excel 97 hang with Windows 2003 file server
    ... troubleshoot. ... You can disable any anti-virus for testing purpose. ... Microsoft Support Lifecycle policy. ... >I have windows server 2003 as file server and DC. ...
  • Re: IStore not start!!!
    ... For instance this is an upgrade from E2k to E2k3 and the AV ... You may want to first try disabling your anti-virus in the registry ... Microsoft Exchange Support ... Please do not send email directly to this alias. ...
  • Re: Norton Anti virus 2008
    ... Download and run the Norton Removal Tool and try to get a refund: ... Avira AntiVir® Personal - FREE Antivirus ... (Choose custom install and untick the email scanner plugin.) ... Anti-Virus 7.0 - Not Free ...
  • Re: Please Help
    ... I need a free online anti-virus. ... Please recommend one. ... Avira AntiVir® Personal - FREE Antivirus ...
  • RE: Windows 2003 Problem with CA Anti-Virus
    ... since the issue happens due to third party application CA Anti-Virus, ... each product has its own knowledge base and support team to ... to Microsoft Windows SBS Server, we are not professional in CA Anti-Virus ... PLEASE NOTE the newsgroup SECURE CODE and PASSWORD were ...