Re: Internet Explorer

is there any group policy effecting the download from certain website?

rahisuddin shah

"Damien" <no@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:O%233EpOPYKHA.1280@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am login as administrator

When I click on the Free Lava Download button I get the following message

"Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded"

Just an FYI I have been able to download files (drivers) from the Dell web site all day

Thanks

Damien

"Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS]" <meiweb@(nospam)gmx.de> wrote in message news:6cb2911d93a38cc2ef8474fa1a2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello Damien,

What exact error message is shown? I have no problems on my 2008 machine to download/install it from there. Which account are you logged in with? If not the administrator use RUNAS option.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

I have server 2008 and I want to download the Java program from
www.java.com

I get a message saying I have a security issue with the server that
will not let me download the file.

Does anyone know what its talking about?

Thanks

  • RE: XP SP2 Security probs
    ... security setting in the "download" section to "enable". ... I have been reviewing ... >> same problem from any website when trying to download. ... >> finding out there are many different security settings ...
  • RE: XP SP2 Security probs
    ... I can not access the "group policy editor". ... >> same problem from any website when trying to download. ... >> finding out there are many different security settings ... MMC works normally now. ...
  • RE: your current security settings dont allow you to download this fi
    ... My home page has been hijacked, Internet Explorer ... > is nowhere to be found, and my "supposed security settings won't allow me to ... > numerous times, added the sites to trusted sites, and still the problems ... I can't download anything, and a reinstall of the operating ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Cant download file from web site
    ... MVP Windows - Shell / User ... My security settings were already enabled. ... Have you ever installed a utility like Netzip, or a download ... Internet Boost 99 ...
  • Re: Unwanted items on screen when IE is used.
    ... I think the info on lop.com night help but I'm not able to download it. ... time I get a message saying that my security settings prevent the download. ... >> appears I am not able to get rid of it by clicking the box in the right ...