Re: not allowed to open file

Hi,

Add the server to the trusted sites in IE options and try again.

One of the servers with the ZIP file is even a DC, why the heck isn't it trusted by default.
What must I do to make sure all my servers in the AD are seen as trusted by all machines in the AD?
I am not going the route of adding individual servers on individual machines to IE settings.

----------<quote>-------------------------------

This even happens when I'm logged on to a Windows 2003 R2 SP2 server
as "Administrator" of the
domain
On a file server is a ZIP file. When I try to open this ZIP file I
get: "Your currect security
settings do not allow this action".
If I simply copy the file from the fileserver to the desktop and open
it there is no problem. So
whatever security this is, it is a stupid kind of security as it
prevents nothing.
What kind of security setting could this be in a Windows Active
Directory environment? Which

settings prohibits opening a file from a fileserver in the domain?

Please don't tell me it is that stupid IE security stuff or if it is
how I can disable this once and

for all for all computers in my domain.

Bonno Bloksma

  • Re: Win2k3 Security Settings Break PerfMon
    ... This can be disabled using Local Security Policy ... This was one of the settings that I modified while troubleshooting the ... > You didn't say what the operating system is of the servers you are having ... a bevy of security templates which automate the ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • RE: Cluster not compatible with Windows Server 2003 Security Guide NTL
    ... transitioning a cluster to the Windows Server 2003 Security Guide settings. ... all of the servers in the clusters and reboot. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.clustering)
  • Re: Can extra processing threads help in this case?
    ... computers installed in the White House. ... after the installation, hordes of NSA-types descended on the White House to track down the ... This is yet a different form of physical security: the early "smart cards" had encryption ... Bandwidth for connected servers, the path of the data, ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Need urgent help regarding security
    ... There is plenty of security info out there ... email from even a dozen servers is small. ... an OS version upgrade should not be taken lightly. ... Given that your root password was apparently found on the servers, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • local security policy
    ... I'm trying automate the configuration of security settings on new w2k ... The servers will all be standalone servers. ... that exported template to new servers in post-installation scripts. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)