Re: Secure erase a hard disk ?

If you use BitLocker to encrypt the disk, then without the TPM chip and the
key, you have useless bits. The truly paranoid can remount the disks in
another system, and format, unpartition, or repartion them. And you can
encrypt without TPM, if you are willing to go thru all that requires.
______
Greg Stigers, MCSE
remember to vote for the answers you like

  • Re: Is my idea can be implement?
    ... Not every sectors on the disk will be encrypted with my "WDE", such as the first cylinder of the disk which contain the MBR; ... The INT13 filter is implement reading and writting sectors in secure mode, and PCI's functions is to implement the driving of PCI card to do the encrypt and decrypt operations, these function will be called by my INT13 filter. ... The PCI driver will drive my PCI crypto card, and disk filter driver do the reading and writting disk sectors in a secure mode, they will "use" PCI device to do the encrypt and decrypt operations through PCI driver. ...
  • Re: encrypting disks
    ... What you'll get in disk encription is a partition ecryption with ... Otherwise if you don't wanna encrypt everything, ... there has almost always been an option at the disk ... Installing F19 on my shiny new Dell XPS13 which came with Ubuntu ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: GJournal (hopefully) final patches.
    ... For a couple of my smaller filesystems I reduced it to ... It seems like a reasonably modern controller and disk, ... The geom stack on my laptop currently looks something like this: ... rather than encrypt the journal). ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: Lion letdowns
    ... Lion fixes a longtime gap in Mac OS X by letting you encrypt entire ... What you can't do is encrypt an external disk after the fact -- just the ... startup disk at any point, why not be able to encrypt any disk after the ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: mlock(1)
    ... >>related to the swapsuspend encryption key on disk) is needed. ... >>usb pen to store and fetch the key... ... Encrypt _that_ with the passphrase or whatever, ...
    (Linux-Kernel)