Re: Auditing events for Security Monitoring

Venkatesh,
You can achieve that by turning on Success and Failure auditing for all classes.
I think your problem will be rather how to analyse the data to make any sense of it,
Anthony,
http://www.airdesk.com

"Venkatesh" <Venkatesh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:0B2D84C6-A0B7-4D5A-8A85-3EFE54A96E2E@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi there,

In a Windows Server 2003, how can we monitor the following events:

* All actions taken by any individual with administrative privileges.
* Initialization of the audit logs.
* Creation and deletion of system-level objects e.g DLL and critical EXE
files.
* Service Account Authentication

Please let me know what needs to be turned-on in GPEdit.msc. Also, if you
can share the corresponding event ID numbers it would be great.

Thank,

  • Re: ADMT Error..NT4 to 2003
    ... In the NT 4.0 source domain: ... -enabled success and failure auditing for group and account management ... > "SIDHistory Could Not Be Updated Due to a Configuration or Permissions> Problem" Error Message When You Use the ADMT Tool ...
  • Re: XP to Win 2k3 Can not possibly be this difficult -- Help
    ... Begin with turning off the "Firewall" that is packeged with XP. ... > I've been trying to connect XP to Windows Server 2003 for a couple of> days with no success. ...
  • Re: XP to Win 2k3 Can not possibly be this difficult -- Help
    ... Begin with turning off the "Firewall" that is packeged with XP. ... > I've been trying to connect XP to Windows Server 2003 for a couple of> days with no success. ...
  • Re: XP to Win 2k3 Can not possibly be this difficult -- Help
    ... Begin with turning off the "Firewall" that is packeged with XP. ... > I've been trying to connect XP to Windows Server 2003 for a couple of> days with no success. ...
  • Re: Outlook 2003 hangs
    ... Already tried that but no success. ... It does not freeze all the time but seems ... Bit of a mystery! ... > Try turning off Norton's email scanning - it seems to cause problems for a ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)