Re: W2K8 continuously rebots after Windows Update

Hi,

I could not wait so I called Busniess Critical Paid Support and did actually
get the same answer. I was e-mail the same article and Method 3 did solve the
problem.

It's horrible thought that a server continuously reboots after Windows Update.

Anyway; Thanks.

Kind Regards,
raja

"Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS]" wrote:

Hello piraya,

Check this one:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949358/en-us

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

Hi,

I ran Windows Update on Windows Server 2008 Web Edition 32-bit and
selected all critical updates and pressed the Install button.

Windows Update had downloaded 0 % even after 1 hour so I cancelled the
update and restarted it again. Still didn't download so I restarted
the
server and after reboot it seemed to apply patches.
Now every time the server reboots it says update 3 of 3 and then it
continues to message "Wait for the Windows Modules Installer..." after
couple of minutes the server reboots and starts all over with update 3
of 3.
I have tried to start the server both in Safe Mode and with "Last
known good configuration" but the server just reboots.

I cannot seem to find any info about this on the net, have someone
else experienced this?

Kind Regards,
raja

.