Re: W2K8 continuously rebots after Windows Update

Hi,

I could not wait so I called Busniess Critical Paid Support and did actually
get the same answer. I was e-mail the same article and Method 3 did solve the
problem.

It's horrible thought that a server continuously reboots after Windows Update.

Anyway; Thanks.

Kind Regards,
raja

"Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS]" wrote:

Hello piraya,

Check this one:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949358/en-us

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

Hi,

I ran Windows Update on Windows Server 2008 Web Edition 32-bit and
selected all critical updates and pressed the Install button.

Windows Update had downloaded 0 % even after 1 hour so I cancelled the
update and restarted it again. Still didn't download so I restarted
the
server and after reboot it seemed to apply patches.
Now every time the server reboots it says update 3 of 3 and then it
continues to message "Wait for the Windows Modules Installer..." after
couple of minutes the server reboots and starts all over with update 3
of 3.
I have tried to start the server both in Safe Mode and with "Last
known good configuration" but the server just reboots.

I cannot seem to find any info about this on the net, have someone
else experienced this?

Kind Regards,
raja

  • RE: W2K8 continuously rebots after Windows Update
    ... I could not wait so I called Busniess Critical Paid Support and got this ... It's horrible thought that a server continuously reboots after Windows Update. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Windows update error 80244019
    ... The requested URL does not exist on the server. ... Retry the download a couple ... But since the system recovery I know have Windows update error ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: Windows update access slow from my SBS 2003 Server
    ... I understand that the SBS server box can not apply ... access the following Windows Update web sites and use the HTTP and HTTPS ... you can configure the following settings on the ISA server: ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Firewall and Word 2004 Security Updatel
    ... Verify that the server is not listed as nor the port listed as ... >Internet Explorer, ... >instructions to YOUR firewall to build the same settings in your given ... Enter "Windows Update" in the Name field, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: SBS 2003 will not update
    ... Vic Russell wrote: ... I was not aware that we had a proxy server set up. ... When I used the proxycfg utility I found that we had a proxy left over from when our ISP was BT. ... When I use IE7 to visit Windows Update I get the 0x80072EFD error. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)