Re: Forcing Process to Run With Ordinary User Authority

one option is to use approach described in
http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1848

hth
Marcin

"W" <persistentone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Is there a way to force a program to run in a security context of an
ordinary user when invoked from the command line of an administrator
login?
I don't want to have to supply any credentials. The use case is a
Scheduled Task that runs as SYSTEM, but which invokes browser instances to
the screen each day (to check on data on various web sites).

Since the security shift is from administrator / SYSTEM level to an
ordinary
user context (i.e., a member of local Users group), I would really hope
that
it would not be necessary to expose a credential in the script of the
batch
file that runs as a Scheduled Task.

  • Forcing Process to Run With Ordinary User Authority
    ... Is there a way to force a program to run in a security context of an ... ordinary user when invoked from the command line of an administrator login? ... Scheduled Task that runs as SYSTEM, but which invokes browser instances to ... Since the security shift is from administrator / SYSTEM level to an ordinary ...
  • Re: help please.
    ... Just want to know if there is any way while i'm connected to my computer as an ordinary user, can i also log in as an administrator aswell - have two screen open. ... To use it to change user passwords goto Start/Run and enter 'admin "control userpasswords2"' If the program has options or it's name contains spaces, you need to surround it with quotes. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Password requested
    ... configured for one Administrator and one ... That the "ordinary user" account is not in the Administrators group ... scheduled tasks cannot run using an account that has a blank ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: How to change basic file configuration under Windows Gimp?
    ... Right click on the icon of the shortcut, ... While I was at it I clicked the "Run as Administrator" box too since I ... properly execute and executing differently from the same function in a ... administrator, the other as an ordinary user, when the ordinary user ...
    (comp.graphics.apps.gimp)