Intermittent "The network path was not found." & "Logon failure: .

Hello,

I am "intermittently" getting the "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad
password." and "The network path was not found." when writing files to
windows shares using UNC with IP Address (e.g. \\192.168.1.100\blah\foo.txt)
from ASP.NET 2.0 C# Web App under IIS 6.0 on Windows 2003 SP2. I am using the
Impersonation and userid/password in the web.config that are valid on remote
shares. It works most of the time (I process about 50 requests/second);
neither the target server nor the source machine shows any event log
corresponding to these errors. I have also set the DisableDos registry entry
and there is no Symantec or other antivirus product running on this machine.
The target server shows only about 10% network utilization and 5% CPU. So,
everything is lightly used. Below is the code that I am using for writing the
files; any help would be appreciated:

Thanks,

Jay
FileStream outputStream = null;
try
{
outputStream = new FileStream(filepath, FileMode.Create);
// code for writing removed for simplicity...

}
catch (Exception e)
{
errorlog.write("Error processing images", "Failed to
open file: " + filepath+ " exception was: " + e.Message + " User: " +
WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent().Name);
}
finally
{
if(outputStream != null)
outputStream.Close();
outputStream = null;
}

  • Re: Intermittent "The network path was not found." & "Logon failur
    ... The files are continously written and there are no pauses in writing. ... maximum delay between two file writes at least-busy times is about 3 seconds. ... OR "The network path was not found" not both together as may ... outputStream = new FileStream; ...
  • Re: "Cannot Complete the CD Writing Wizard" (yes, another one)
    ... words "CD burning" are a reference to the process of writing files to a CD. ... In most cases relating to this problem (the internal CD Writing Wizard not ... problem is more likely related solely to the internal software. ...
  • Re: "Cannot Complete the CD Writing Wizard" (yes, another one)
    ... words "CD burning" are a reference to the process of writing files to a CD. ... In most cases relating to this problem (the internal CD Writing Wizard not ... problem is more likely related solely to the internal software. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Conventions for writing files to /tmp
    ... > It seems there are no well-defined conventions for writing files to ... You should consider not writing into /tmp. ... Using own tmp directories makes that naming topic less of a problem. ... Name and PID should suffice if you take care to remove the temporaries ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: Is it always possible to write a COBOL program using only 1 sentence per paragraph?
    ... > an Access table in mere minutes, without writing a line of code. ... > A few months ago I had an introductory class on Java programming. ... Reading and writing files is not a basic Java ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)