Re: Degree

"Yba" <Yba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:FDD6552C-2771-45CD-B725-85483BA0693E@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
This might be not the proper place to post this inquiry. But, as there
are
those beautiful and experienced MVP's around, I hope they can attend this
inquiry.
I have been in IT field for the past 5 years, mainly in networking.
I have been working with DCs, ISA, Exchange and Citrix. I could say that
have a fair background of networking.
Now, assuming that there is an academic degree for network security from
Microsoft perspective, what would the courses of that degree be? I mean,
what
books should I master to master Microsoft network security?

You might find a degree program related to computing science that
specialized in networking, but I am not sure if there is one that would
specialize further into network security. I doubt that you would find one
that focussed on the security implications of networking with Microsoft
products. I don't know of a network that includes only Microsoft components.
If there was such a thing, I would hope that its security was not based on
expertise in only Microsoft products, as attacks may come from non-MS
systems.

/Al

  • Re: [SLE] ...and speaking of SuSE / Novell...
    ... >> just checked my textbooks form college. ... > hadn't yet noticed that whole networking thing. ... Bear in mind that Microsoft and IBM were at one ... Novell saw NT coming and tried to head it off with UnixWare. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: How to prevent system from replying to Ping (ICMP Echo) requests?
    ... "Ping of Death" - a ping with an effective size over 64k, ... Microsoft finally managed ... 1500 packets per minute is only 25 per second. ... each 64K long (I'm not aware of any networking protocol using packets larger ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Cannot connect to Server
    ... As the issue disappeared under Safe Mode with Networking, ... Click the Startup tab, click Disable All and click OK. ... UNCHECK the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Problems getting some web sites on second PC
    ... Microsoft MVP, MCSD ... Please excuse as i'm new to networking etc. ... > The 'Host' PC has the cable connection and works just fine. ... > I have Formatted the Client PC. ...
  • Re: One thing I noticed
    ... > Then networking started and the IT department crept back as network ... "Microsoft has become what it used to mock," says Gabe Newell, a developer on the ... monitoring productivity, and yet we knew they had spectacularly bad productivity. ...