Error reading certificate private key when permissions applied through Domain Local Groups
- From: "Jediah L." <rife@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 09:56:18 -0500
I'm pretty sure this might not be a certificate problem per-se so I'm
posting to this newsgroup too.
We are attempting to use Domain Local Groups to restrict permissions to a
certificate private key.
We have a service account provisioned into a Domain Global Group, and then
have the Domain Global Group added to a Domain Local Group, and then apply
the Domain Local Group to the private key properties granting read, and read
We than have an account that runs an ASP application that tries to read the
private key - if the account is given access through the DLG - it fails with
a file permission access denied, if it is given access directly, or if the
Everyone group is applied - it succeeds.
Is this a known bug, and is there a way around it?
- Prev by Date: Re: Moving Entrprise CA
- Next by Date: Re: Why doesn't Group Policy work if I put a local group in the affected OU instead of the actual user account?
- Previous by thread: Moving Entrprise CA