Re: Changing the Domain Administrtor Password

Hello Kate,

Complete correct way. Where did you found that article? If the account is not used for running services then it shouldn't be a problem.

Maybe you mean the "Setpwd" utility to reset the DirectoryServiceRestoreMode password?

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

We have a domain that consists of two domain controllers, an Exchange
server, and several other member servers. We would like to change the
domain administrator password.

I know I can just do Ctrl-Alt-Delete while I am logged in as the
domain administrator, but I don't know if this is the correct way to
change the password.

I've been reading that there may be a utility I need to download from
Microsoft, but I'm not sure this is the correct way either.

Can you tell me what is the best way to change the domain
administrator password? And how will the change affect the remaining
member servers, especially the Exchange server?

Thank you in advance for your help.

  • Re: Server recovery breaking RAID 1
    ... Domain Administrator (and/or Local Administrator) Password Recovery Process ... If the domain Administrator password was changed from the Server Management ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Locked out if 3 servers
    ... I have tried the DSRM and my known password from server installation doesn't ... the local administrator password (the original domain administrator password ... domain Administrator password was changed from the Server Management ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: help
    ... group on all workstations and member servers in the domain. ... > domain with the help of domain administrator password. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: Locked out if 3 servers
    ... At the Server console I can not login - invalid username/password. ... the actual Server Console login use the Local Administrator password? ... Domain Administrator Password Recovery Process ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Changing Admin Password throughout entire domain
    ... >changing the Administrator password throughout the domain, ... >of its current credentials. ... >services running on Member Servers. ... program called Hyena www.systemtools.com However, ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)