Changing the Domain Administrtor Password

We have a domain that consists of two domain controllers, an Exchange
server, and several other member servers. We would like to change the domain
administrator password.

I know I can just do Ctrl-Alt-Delete while I am logged in as the domain
administrator, but I don't know if this is the correct way to change the
password.

I've been reading that there may be a utility I need to download from
Microsoft, but I'm not sure this is the correct way either.

Can you tell me what is the best way to change the domain administrator
password? And how will the change affect the remaining member servers,
especially the Exchange server?

Thank you in advance for your help.

  • lokale Gruppe
    ... Wenn ich mir nun die lokale Administrator Gruppe anschaue, ... ist hier nur der lokale Administrator des Member Servers ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.windows.server.general)
  • Re: How to find whether a master or member server
    ... If you have no OU special for member servers they are located aunder the computers container. ... To make a member server a DC you have to run dcpromo, BUT it is not recommended from Microsoft to use Exchange on Domain Controllers. ... So, if you have only one DC and a member with exchange, think about additional hardware as a second DC, which btw is always a "must" configuration, to eliminate the single point of failure. ... How do I change a member into a master server? ...
  • Re: Changing the Domain Administrtor Password
    ... I know I can just do Ctrl-Alt-Delete while I am logged in as the domain ... administrator, but I don't know if this is the correct way to change the ... And how will the change affect the remaining member servers, ... The only issue would be if you've used the Domain Admin account as the log ...
  • EXCHANGE 2003
    ... NT 4 Member servers w/sp6 ... One of the domain controllers has Exchange 5.5 running on ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
  • RE: Adding a Controller to an SBS Domain
    ... To make your existing servers domain controllers in the SBS domain, ... dcpromo.exe from a command prompt on the member servers, ... You will not be able to "share" exchange with the other domain controllers ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)